Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why settle for less?

As most of you already know, I am a non-traditional student at a local two-year business college, at least until the end of April. As part of my daily routine, I usually run to the golden arches (3 blocks from school) for lunch, to keep my energy level up for the remainder of the day, since I often don't get out of class until 6 or 8pm most nights because of my work-study job at achool. My order, for 6 weeks or more hadn't changed: 2 hamburgers and a sweet tea- total=3.36 cents. Reasonable enough meal. Well, this past monday, I was sitting at the drive-thru waiting to place my order, and happened to glance at the dollar menu (nice little thing that for an inexpensive lunch, right?) and saw "double hamburger- $1". This got me to thinking, so I reached into the pocket area in my car door and pulled out a receipt from the previous week. "2 hamburgers- $1.98" (that's 99c for 1 regular hamburger!!) It came my turn to order, and I decided if I'm getting more meat for 1c more, why not go for it? So I changed my order (much to the surprise of the girl who usually takes my order, and thought she had me pegged) "Two DOUBLE hamburgers and a sweet tea" I told the girl, and drove through paid and got my order. Needless to say, it was much more filling than two regular hamburgers. Now, where am I going with this? This illustration (and it is a true story- stop at McDs at 12th and Sassafrass Streets in Erie, if you don't believe me) applies to our lives as Christians as well. We are God's children, and therefore are blessed daily by his gifts and his love. Why should we settle for less (what the world offers us) when God's blessings, gifts, and the overall eternal rewards are much greater? Just food for thought there. I'm now off to McDs for my lunch. Double Hamburgers... here I come!!! (Maybe I'll try something different, and ask for a slice of tomato between each patty :D)

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones