Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meandering in.

Well, I'm here. After reading the blogs of my fellow guildies, I decided to meander on over here as well. First, a bit about myself:

My name is David, and I am a 41 year old returning student persuing a Associates of Computer Science degree at Erie Business Center, here in Erie PA, and due to graduate in April. I am a Star Trek fanatic (just a matter of opinion, I'm a Trekker and not a Trekkie -yes there IS a difference) as well as a Gamer that enjoys his free time playing World of Warcraft with his gamer kitty, Dalamar (aka- Mr Poopins, the AoD kitty) lending a paw from time to time. My main toon is Llaihr, a level 80 Night Elf Death Knight on the Eldre'Thalas server. My guild, Eternity Matters is the best online family I have had the privilege of being accepted into. It is a Christian social-raiding guild, and we have great fun and fellowship together. I do have other Toons that I play from time to time, but Llaihr is my main (I may post about my others from time to time as they achieve certain milestones.

Now, for those confused about the pronunciation of the name, it is pronounced "YAH'Ear" with the emphasis on the first syllable, and Enok, is right, it is a Rihannsu (or Romulan) name meaning "Death". I chose the name because I wanted a unique name that nobody else had (and Therigwin still claims he doesn't know why I chose it, but is getting better at not butchering it ::gryn::.

Llaihr is the first tank that I've played in a while, the first one being a little pigtailed gnome named Blossums, who I retired a while ago because I could never get anywhere with her. So, tanking the big raids is a new experience for me, and I'm finding it rather exhilarating as well as challenging. I haven't graduated to the point where I'm main tanking any raids yet, but I'm working at it. I think one of my favorite spells (and the frequent reason for Enok's armor to become soiled) is Army of The Dead.I don't use it often during raids or anything, but when I do, some people get scared (well, after Mr Poopin's helpful paw during a 10-man OS run a couple of weeks ago, I don't really blame them), but I enjoy teasing Enok about it in guld chat with my rallying cry of "Fear the AoD!!!" which, coincidentally, is the title of this blog :) .

Anyway, that's about the long and short of the intro. I'm not too sure how often I'll post forthe next six weeks due to school, but I'll try to keep you updated with my thoughts and experiences in game on at least a semi-regular basis.

Other EM Guild members' blogs are listed below if you'd like to check them out as well:
Daraia: Daughter of Ravenholdt Manor
Enok: The Tankhunter
Lunas: The Emerald Paradise
Therigwin: Tank For The Light


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wootness Nice start!!

Looking forward to learning more about those DK's...all i know now is that Me and Sarth fear the AoD!

Shikyrie said...

Patience, Padiwan. I'll post more as it comes. for now, I'm going to go nap

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones