Friday, March 6, 2009

Nice warm day off to do some research- Deathknightbuilds.com

Woke up this morning to a nice 60F temperature outside. A pleasant change from the 20s and 30s we've been experiencing, and it looks like it might hang around for a few days. Anyway, I decided to do some research and came across Deathknightbuilds.com, which is a fairly good resource site for DKs like myself. For the most part, the information is updated, though I haven't had a chance to test any of the DK mods listed on the site. This site contains various helpful resources, such as different builds, spell rotations, stat caps, mods, and more. I also found some nice macros that I may just have to try out as well like this one (/cast [target=mouseover] Strangulate) which is supposed to let you cast strangulate any casting mob without changing your current target. There are a few more, but mostly geared toward soloing, or healing your ghoul, which I don't really do much I'm more likely to raise a ghoul as backup health pool to sacrifice it using Death Pact as a last ditch effort if the healer is running low on mana or dead or otherwise unable to heal me in a timely manner. This useful trick has come in handy on numerous occasions in both Heroics (in Violet Hold vs. Zuramat the Obliterator and in Utgard Keep vs. Ingvar the Plunderer, as well as a couple of the bosses in Naxxramas when I was either the last one standing or one of the few left to try to take it down.) Usually, I wait until the boss is down below 10% health, and Raise Dead, followed by Death Pact, and then as a very last resort, or if it's "quick burn" time, Army of the Dead, which tends to cause a few moments of quick anxiety for some. I agree, it may be somewhat unorthodox, but it works, despite the doubts of some. Anyway back to deathknightbuilds.com:
Some of the builds listed are very interesting. I saw a couple in there that I would like to try as my DPS offspec once patch 3.1 is released, provided the talent trees don't change too drastically. In summation, I would recommend this site to anyone playing a DK, as it's choc full of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones