Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just rambling

Lately, it seems like a lot of my friends are experiencing what I term "WoW burnout". It has been mentioned in Tank for the Light, The Tree Healer, and in The Savage Coast where he spoke about retiring the main character that he'd been playing for at least a year. What is the reason for the burnout? Monotony. People are doing the same things, repetitively, day after day, and it's getting old. There is a lack of new content, and the long-awaited patch 3.3 is taking longer than most people expected to be released, so there is no new content to experience that will alleviate the monotony. I was beginning to feel the drain and the lack of excitement myself before I transferred Llaihr over to the Kael'Thas server, and had hoped that the change of scenery would relieve that to some extent. It didn't. Therefore, when I have been playing (game time has been limited due to school and preparation for final exams and projects in a couple of weeks, as well as general over-all tiredness) I have been playing on my "lowbies" that I created when I first started playing on that server back in early October. I have a blood elf Paladin, Sylverylle, that I've leveled into the 40s, and recently, I've started levelling my blood elf hunter, Amerylle, and have gotten her almost to 30. I have had a lot of fun playing her, and getting the pets I want (so far, one summoned pet, Liorae (Echeyakee), and three rares; Tehhr (Humar the Pridelord), Aehallh (Ressan the Needler), and AenRhien (Azzere the Skyblade).
Aehallh (Rihannsu for "Nightmare")


Liorae (Rihannsu for "Light")


Terrh (Rihannsu for "Darkness")


AenRhien (Rihannsu for "Bloodwing")

As you might have guessed, I like using Rihannsu (or for those who are not complete Trekker nerds like myself, Romulan) names for my pets. Most of them were easy to obtain. Echeyakee, of course was the easiest, as he is summoned via the Horde quest of the same name. I just happened across Ressan the Needler while running through Tirisfal Glades on my way to catch a dirigible to Orgrimmar the other day, and happened to stumble upon Humar the Pridelord the same evening, only a couple of hours later. The hardest one to get was Azzere the Skyblade, as he required a 4.5 hour camp just south of Camp Taurajo (I got tired of waiting and took a 45 minute break to finish up a couple of quests, and returned to find him waiting for me). I still haven't figured out what #5 will be for now. I know that eventually, I will replace most of them (I'd like to get at least one of either Loque'Nahak or Gondria, and possibly Skoll, and Aetona, but those are all a long way down the road yet. At least I'm happy with what I have, but if anyone has any suggestions for rare (lower level) Tenacity pets, feel free to let me know.

That's all for the (huge) WoW portion of this post. Before I close, however, I want to share my two WoW buddies, Dalamar "Poopins" (the main inspiration for the title of this blog) and Raistlin, with you. Either one of the two is usually in my lap while I'm playing (Dalamar likes to help, while Raistlin usually just curls up and sleeps). This picture was taken on one of the rare occasions when BOTH decided to share my lap.
Me with Dalamar (facing the camera) and Raistlin
in my lap "helping" me play WoW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones