Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rogue Levelling, LFG, and Spirit Bear Taming

Earlier this week, I decided to take a break from my hunter, and started to level my rogue, Eisn, as a change of pace. He was one of eight toons I rolled upon initially moving to Kael'thas server, and I levelled each to level 10 (at least) before focusing on my paladin for about a month. I started levelling him last Sunday, at level 10, and after about 5 quick runs through deadmines for the Blackened Defias set, I got him to about level 19 by Wednesday (Keep in mind, I don't spend a lot of time playing during the week due to school and studies-finals this coming week, ugh). Once I hit 20, I decided to try out the new LFG feature on Friday, and got instantly hooked. I think I must have run at least 50 various instances since Friday, and gotten fairly well geared up, along with gaining 14 levels in two days. With Christmas break beginning in 3 days, I'll have 2 weeks to catch up in my game-time a bit, and who knows, by te time I start my next semester, I may be 3/4 of the way to 80 on this toon. Playing on Eisn has been a refreshing change, and I have forgotten how much I liked playing a rogue. I retired my former main, Rhowynne, just before the release of WotLK because of burnout, but this week, after being at the top of the DPS/Damage meter 80% of the time (the other 20% being outdone by mages and locks with their AoE spells) I remembered how much I liked it. Eisn is specced for combat now, but that may change. I'm going to check out a few other blogs and forums to see what the concensus on Assassination spec is.
I mentioned the new LFG feature above, and aside from a few problems, I like it. I think the feature I like the most is the way that it forms groups. I haven't had any experience with forming raids with it yet, but each 5-man instance gets 3 DPS, a tank and a healer, which is a nice change from when we tried to form groups the old way, and it would give us 4 dps and no healer. The only problem I've had (which seems to be just server-crossover issues) is trying to enter an instance without using the LFG feature. I tried to enter Wailing Caverns solo to finish a couple of quests, and got an "instance not found" error. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Lastly, I would like to congratulate my friend Shaun who, after 4 days of camping out in Grizzly hills on his hunter, Savagelupine, spotted and tamed Arcturis the Spirit Bear. Competition was heavy, from what I'm told, but he was the one that was quick on the draw, and tamed it. Congratulations, Shaun! His next goal, he says, is to Aotona Good Luck!
Savagelupine and his Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones