Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's that time of year again where we take inventory of our lives and give thanks for the things we do have instead of complaining about the things we don't have. This year has been a particularly hard year for many, financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, but yet we survive to continue on. The fact that I have survived another year is enough for me to be thankful. Other things I am thankful for are as follows:
  • My Family: I love my family, and am closer to them than anyone else. I am thankful for their returned love, and continued support.

  • My Health: Although I'm not in the greatest of health, I am thankful that I don't have the health problems that others have, and that I am able to function without much problem.

  • My Friends: This includes those friends, old and new, that I know in person, and those I only know by name via various clubs, online games, blogs, etc. Though we don't always agree on a lot of things, you're still my friends, and still very much a part of me.

  • My pets: Especially my Best Bud in the world, Dalamar (Poopins), and the two "junior buds", Raistlin and Frito (Beezer-bud). It is those times I'm feeling my lowest that these three are stuck to me like glue (moreso than normal. They are gifts, and ones that I am eternally grateful for.

  • My Education: I am thankful for the chance to further my education and make something of myself. Also, I am thankful for the greatest teachers that anyone could ask for, and the pleasant smiles of Patti, the receptionist, that always make my day.

  • Food, shelter, clothing, and the other essentials: This is a given. There are so many right now that have so much less.
Thank You, God, for giving me all these things, and thank You for being there for me, even when I am not there for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones