Friday, December 18, 2009

Break time...

Well, as of Wednesday, I am on Christmas break from school and, save for a few days in which I will be going in to move equipment back into the classrooms that had the floors stripped and waxed today and move the equipment out of the rooms that will be recarpeted next week, I have nothing to do. Today, was spent running all the usual Friday errands, which were stopped short of picking up a tree as I had reached my point of exhaustion, and coming home to get a much needed nap (I must be getting old if I need a nap so early in the day.) Tomorrow will (hopefully) be spent clearing space for my new computer armoir and maybe playing some WoW, after going tree shopping for the "imperfect Christmas tree". I say "imperfect" because there is almost always something wrong with the tree that Kat picks out. One year, the first year in the first apartment we lived in in Erie, she picked the tallest "eight foot" tree because "it would fit in our living room with high ceilings." OK, fine by me, nine foot ceilings- shouldn't be a problem. We got it in the door, and in the living room. the tree was 10.5 feet tall (apparently, the vendor didn't measure it properly) and I had to literally saw 3 feet off of the bottom in order to fit it into the room. Another "imperfect tree" was so lopsided, that I swore that I never wanted to get another live tree again (thankfully, the swivel tree stand allowed us to balance it to some degree of satisfaction.) especially, since by then we were living in a second floor apartment. I have no problem getting an artificial tree, especially since I am, to some degree, allergic to the strong scent put out by evergreen trees, but the other person here makes such a fuss over getting a real tree, that I give in.
Aside from tree shopping, working 2-3 days over break at school, and Christmas day itself, my break will be rather uneventful. I will probably finish watching some of the seasons of the TV shows on DVD that I haven't finished, play a lot of WoW, and get some much needed sleep (maybe I'll get to sleep in on the days that my back behaves and isn't in near-constant pain.) My one goal over break is to get my rogue at least to 50, which shouldn't be too hard, since he has gained about two levels/day when I play. Maybe I'll get to 60, or 70 (80 might be pushing it, but if he gets that high, I won't scoff.) but again, it depends on how much I play. Some days, like yesterday, I just didn't feel up to playing, and watched movies instead. We shall see, though, how well he does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones