Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WoW Year Review Meme

I swiped this from Daraia over at Daughter of Ravenholdt Manor (so I did the rogue thing since I wasn't officially tagged) It looked like fun, so here goes...

The Instructions are as follows:

Please leave a link to your meme post in the comments here. Please tag 5 other folks to complete the meme and copy these instructions and the questions into your blog with your answers.

What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Collecting mounts, pets, and achievements. Who knew there were so many?

What was your favorite new place that you visited?
I'd have to say Naxxrammas (so, it was new to me). It gave me a bit of raiding experience, and helped me to hone my skills as a tank. I'm still not the BEST DK tank in the world, but I had a couple of pretty good teachers. :)

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A better computer. My laptop is nice, but it can only do so much. Sometime after the new year, I'll be getting my "new" (read as rebuilt and overhauled) computer, with the awesome video card and spectacular sound system. WOOT!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Even though I'm no longer in Eternity Matters, I think it was getting recognition as a respectable tank, and being allowed to tank alongside a very skilled main tank and a fairly decent offtank. It gave me a bit of perspective, and a sense of belonging for a time.

What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure was something that I know I'll never live down for as long as I play WoW. It was the first time I was asked to tank Sartharion in the Obsidian Sanctum. I was doing great and holding aggro without a problem until my cat, Dalamar, decided that HE wanted to do the tanking, and stepped on the key that unleashed the Army of the Dead. All Chaos ensued, Sartherion was all over the place, and- needless to say- we wiped. I got a bit of good-humored ragging over it, and it still comes up from time to time. Lesson learned: Banish kitties from lap when raiding.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hearing about the Cataclysm. I got excited about Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, but not as excited as when I first heard about the upcoming expansion. I'm looking forward to the new map, the new races (really excited about playing Worgen) and completely changed content due to the destruction of that which we have become so accustomed to.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hmmm... I'd have to say raiding. While it is fun and got me geared up and all, it got to be too repetitive, and eventually boring after a while. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't the same raid night after night and week after week, but it's lost its luster for me. Also, it tended to cut into my study time a bit too much, and I probably COULD have gotten that 4.0 if I'd have spent less time raiding.

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
Podcast? Does "The Guild" count?

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
First, and foremost, it's ONLY a game. There really isn't any sense in letting yourself get stressed over it. I learned this after a major blowup in which I nearly alienated some friends that I really did care about outside of their avatars in WoW. They really are good people, and quite honestly, I miss them- even though we don't always see eye to eye. When it all boils down, WoW is just a game. It's the real people that REALLY matter.

TAG! (Since most of my friends have already been tagged, I'm left with Ruhlen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones