Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Directions?

So, yesterday, after some careful thought and a bit of prayer and introspection, I dropped the hastily erected walls that I had put up around myself last week, and made first contact with EM's guild leader since the whole blowup. I told him that if we could both agree to be civil with each other, and not engage in any further bashing (either in-game or out) than I would have no problem picking up what friendship was left and continuing there. As I said before, I harbored no hard feelings toward anyone, which was true, I just let my anger get the best of me. I apologized for the errors in judgement on my part, and hope that he accepted it in the spirit in which it was meant. I haven't yet apologized to his wife, but that's mainly because I haven't really had the opportunity to, and it might be best to let her cool down a bit before approaching her anyway. Suffice it to say, that I regret that I unleashed my anger on her in the way that I did, and if she is reading this, or if someone who is reading this could pass this on to her, know that I am sincere in my apology. To the rest of EM~ Well, I deeply regret the drama that resulted from my little outburst. Many of you, who have been my friends, remain my friends, and have even shown me that in your concern. I thank you for that. To those who are harboring grudges, for whatever reason, I can only hope that you will get over it eventually, and move on instead of saying the hateful things that you've been saying. "As you've said to me, it's only a game. Get over it."

All that being said, I'm most likely going to be cutting back a bit on my WoW time. I'm getting into the tougher content in my classes (it's not easy learning new stuff at 42 years old, and it often eats up a lot of my brainpower) so I'm shifting a bit more of my focus onto my schoolwork.
I also signed up for the Beta testing of the Star Trek online game, and if I get into that, will probably shift some of my game playing toward that, to see what it's like. I'm hoping that with the shift in focus, I'll lessen some of the WoW burnout that I've been having for the past few months. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones