Monday, July 27, 2009

Long weekend- and prodigals


(note, this wasn't the video I originally chose to correspond with this post, but the original had embedding disabled (much to my disappointment)

First off, I would like to apologize for the lapse in posting of my Leadership series. This weekend an old friend was visiting from Ann Arbor, and I took some time away from blogging (typing up some of these entries takes at least an hour, sometimes more) and barely returned in time to raid last night. Then Sunday, I spent most of the day waiting for an electrician to show up, and he eventually called to reschedule for Tuesday afternoon. (Hopefully, fixing 2 outlets and installing another doesn't take more than 4 hours, so I can be online in time for Tuesday's raid night. Anyway, that's why I wasn't posting this weekend, and Part VI of the series will be posted tomorrow.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that someone has accused me of having a "vendetta" of sorts against him, and also that I hate him because, well, because "everyone else does." Let me clarify a few things here. I do NOT hate anyone. I hate actions, and I hate certain attitudes and such, but I do NOT hate the person. I try my hardest to love everyone despite the way they treat myself or others, and at times, that is a very hard thing to do. Anyone who may question this just has to ask those closest to me and they will clarify it. I do have my moments where I let my anger overtake my reason, and it's those times where people mistake my temper and exasperation for hatred (I was told by a friend once during one of my tantrums that I "have an overabundance of love in my heart, as I have shown it [to my friends], and it saddens [her] when I let my temper get the best of me" (that, Chelle, meant a lot, BTW). So, that being said, I don't hate anyone, even if they make me angry, or say things hurtful toward or about myself or those I care about. So, to the person who levelled these accusations about me, I have the following to say:
  1. I do not hate you.

  2. I never hated you.

  3. I never once had a "vendetta" nor turned anyone against you.

  4. I still love you as a Brother in Christ, despite your actions toward myself and others.

  5. I continue to pray for you, that you find, and accept the help that you need, be it from a professional in the field or a trusted religious figure.

  6. I do (whether you believe it or not) wish you the best, and will welcome you with open arms when the time comes.

  7. I am excercising a small amount of trust and faith that you won't take anything I have written and twist it to use against myself and others, and am undoing the IP block I had imposed on you. Please do not take advantage of this gesture, as it can easily be reversed.

I will close with this: In the words of Amy Grant;
"I'll be waiting,
I may be young and old and grey,
counting the days.
But I'll be waiting,
And when I finally see you come,
I'll run to greet you.
I'll meet you."


I think that's all that needs to be said. and with that, I will close. Look forward to Leadership lessons- Part VI: Politics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones