Friday, July 10, 2009

Just random blatherings

Well, the summer term at EBC (or Erie Business Center, for those who have no clue what EBC means) is just past midterm, and the midterm grades have been released. 4.0!!! Yes, I've been working my butt off and my goal is to get at least Salutatorian (maybe even Valedictorian) when I finish this degree. I've been told it would be easier with just two classes to juggle, and it is- to some extent, but Accounting is not exactly easy. I've fretted over balancing, over and over, in each of the three tests in that class so far, and each time, it's paid off. So what if I'm the last person done taking the test each time, at least I'm the one whose grades show that I'm breaking a sweat. In the past, I gave up too easily if things were too hard, and it's stuck me with nothing but dead-end nowhere jobs for the past 20 odd years. No more. I am going to prove to myself, and everyone else that I can keep focused on my goal, and succeed. I did it once, when I received my first degree (ASB in Information Technology) this past April, but even then, I fell short of the true goal. I did graduate Magna Cum Laude, but it wasn't good enough. I kept thinking to myself, that I should have tried harder. This time around, I WILL achieve top honors of Summa Cum Laude, and make my family and friends proud.

Of course, all the work and sweat comes with its problems as well. Stress, and with the stress, the headaches have become more prevalent again. Last night, for the first time since November, my old friend, Mr. Migraine, came to visit me. I started off the evening feeling great, and then ventured off into the lands of Azeroth to defeat evil with my guildmates and friends. The raid started off a bit rocky, and got off to a very late start because a lot of people were either late, or just didn't show up for various reasons (well, old Squeegie (aka Enok) had sick kids to deal with, so his reason was excusable, and he was missed a GREAT deal. The raid finally got moving, with Therigwin as main tank, and Careiel (who has developed into a very promising tank- I love it when people ask for advice and actually listen) and myself as the offtanks. The healing was a bit off as two of our top healers, Schaikera and Syyiand, weren't there, and most of the healers either hadn't done Naxx, or were just getting used to it. We cleared the Insect wing with minimal wipes, and got past both Noth the Plaguebringer" and Heigan the Unclean" before we were defeated by Loatheb (this was mainly because people either weren't paying attention to the spores, and they were getting broken too close to Careiel (who was main-tanking the boss) or were paying too much attention to how other people were playing, and not what they were doing. This, as I believe I have stated before, has become one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in the game. One person, who shall not be named, was constantly giving "suggestions" (both in raid chat and in private whispers) and telling the tanks how to do their job. This person was neither a raid leader, or class (tank or death knight) lead, nor was he a tank, and thus had no real business saying anything. I was told to ignore him, but I really shouldn't have to ignore anybody in a raid, because communication within the group is essantial. Needless to say, this person's constant harrassment (as this is truly what it was) finally caused me to boil over, and the migraine was full blown to the point I just followed the lead of one of the healers who had had it at that point and dropped the raid. I let everyone know what was going on, and logged for the night. I'm seriously considering keeping away from the raids for a while until things are "fixed".

Anyway, for me, it is now the weekend. Both Schaikera and Enok are going to be in town visiting Shaloria and myself this weekend, and I look forward to some good old stress relieving fun and mayhem (as usually happens when the four of us are allowed to get together.) Weekend fun, here we come!

1 comment:

Randy said...

First of all, great job on the grades! You can do it, and don't EVER undersell your abilities and talents.

Next, if you need a break, take it. Get achievement happy! Level an alt. Do something fun. Pug runs and help run lower level guildies through content who deserve the help.

Don't wear yourself out and allow someone to make you want to quit. You've gotten over stuff before, and I know you can now.

Randy

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones