Friday, May 22, 2009

Bullying

OK, I know it's been a while since I updated this blog, but I've been busy getting used to school again, and a new curriculum, and have finally just gotten things settled down enough again to resume posting.

Now I move on to the main topic of this post- Bullying. I posted the following on our guild website, and figured that I will post it here as food for thought for other guilds/players/raiders:

Lately, I've noticed an increase in bullying in both raid chat and in vent, and it is beginning to get out of hand. This happens mainly when someone's point of view differs from another's or if someone is proven to be wrong and said person then bullies the other person into being quiet. I will not name names here, but those I refer to should know who you are. Some people seem to forget that we all have differing points of view, here, and that- no matter who or what you are to the guild- YOU CAN AND WILL OFTEN BE WRONG. It's a fact of life, and nobody is perfect, so PLEASE, KNOCK IT OFF. I, for one, am sick and tired of being someone else's bullying target, and I'm sure other guild members are as well. Bullying and power plays are NOT proper behavior for guild that is supposed to uphold Christian values, and it's not setting a good example to the pugs that come along on raids with us. For one, it takes the fun out of the experience, especially when somebody comes right out and tells you that their upgrades are more important than your own, despite the fact that they have the same amount of 213 and T7.5 gear as you do. It's greed and bullying at its worst, and if it continues, I know that I- as well as certain others- will cease going on guild raids just to avoid the bullying. I think 2 things can be learned from this:
1) We should ALL agree to disagree when differing points of view come to light- bullying and telling somebody to just be quiet because you are afraid of being wrong accomplishes nothing but to make you out to be "the bad guy".
2) Nobody, and I DO MEAN NOBODY, is more important than anyone else in this guild, or in the raids. If we don't work together to accomplish our goals, we'll only succeed in further dividing the guild as more and more members are made to feel unimportant.

I think that about covers it, and I hope this has caused people to think, although I highly expect to be told (1) to shut up or (2) that I'm wrong and have no right to speak my mind.

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones