Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stuff, stuff, stuff, and yet more stuff (just some rantings)

Let's first start off with this past weekend. Friday night, I ventured into Ulduar with 9 other guild members of Eternity Matters and downed 4 bosses(Flame Leviathan" ,Razorscale, XT-002 Deconstructor, Kologarn) and almost a fourth (Ignis the Furnace Master was tough and kept smelting our healers at critical points in the fight, which caused us to wipe repeatedly. All in all, it was fun, and I got Stormtempered Girdle out of the run. Later on that evening (I should say "night" since it was rather late) I was be-bopping around on Gyrr, my lowbie mage, when a fellow guildmember made some snarky remark about my DK tanking abilities, and how my pet ALWAYS pulls aggro off of the main tank and causes the raid to wipe. That only happened TWICE, and both times by accident. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows how seriously I play my character, and how defensive I get when someone criticizes my spec or my playing abilities. Needless to say, it quickly erupted into a mini-war with me defending myself, and the other person denying anything was ever said (despite the fact that it was in guild chat for all to see) and then later defending it as a "joke". Either way, I wasn't happy, and promptly put said offender on ignore to prevent the inevitable explosion if I had continued with the debate. Right away, said offender went crying to the officers online about how I "hurt hir feelings". This ensued with a lengthy discussion between myself and one of the officers (who is also one of my friends) about the whole incident, and just WHY I didn't want to talk to said person. The matter was dropped, and I logged for the night. Immediately on Saturday, I was instructed to log onto Vent for a "mediation" session with the two guild masters and the offending parties, and everything was laid on the table, I presented my grievances, and agreed to be civil (though I am maintaining a wide berth now) and let it go. The rest of the day was rather uneventful as far as drama is concerned. Saturday night, we gathered as many guild members as we could as well as some pugs, and ventured into Naxxrammas where we finished off the Plague wing and then proceeded to take down Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad.
Kel'Thuzad dropped Helm of the Lost Vanquisher, but, as usual, I lost the roll to one of the pugs. There's always next time, I guess.
After the raid, a few of us grouped up in Duskwood to take down Lethon, the world dragon. That attempt was fun, to say the least, as a lone paladin decided to try to beat us to the punch and kill it by herself We watched as she failed miserably and then the dragon turned on us because we were in range. It took a couple of deaths by some of our group, but we managed to succeed in the end.
Sunday was the fun night. That evening about 12-13 of us got together for Old World Raid Night and cleared Zul'Gurub and The Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. We then proceeded into The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj and made it as far as Emperor Vek'lor and Emperor Vek'nilash before we gave up after three wipes (someone later discovered that we had the tanks on the wrong bosses, but we did fairly well considering a lot of us hadn't done that particular boss before. Monday night was just casual night, as we had a 25 man Ulduar run scheduled that fell through due to lack of interested people.
Then came Tuesday and 25 man Obsidian Sanctum. We tried it with two drakes up without much success due to random disconnects and lag issues, and finally managed to take down Sartharion while Tenebron was still up, and just barely managed to down him. Later on, the drama ensued again as a certain guild member started spouting out in guild chat about how unfair the guild's current raid rules are regarding which toons are allowed to raid. Currently, to make things fair for everyone involved, and to ensure that each player's main toons have a fair chance to be properly geared, only declared mains are allowed to run the regularly scheduled guild raids. It gets hard enough running with different pugs to fill the empty slots week after week, and having many of those undergeared pugs win the loot that could be used to gear up our toons, and to have a guild member running an alt would further imbalance that. A few of us tried to explain this, and were met with further hostility from the guild member in question and got accused of "spoiling hir fun" by telling hir which characters xe was allowed to raid on. I had had about enough at that point and promptly set my ignore filter so that I could finish what questing I had to do for the night in peace. Hopefully, the drama will cease soon, as I am getting to the point where I don't want to play anymore because of some people's attitudes.

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones