Thursday, April 2, 2009

Going through the motions?

"Every single night, the same arrangement, I go out and fight the fight. Still I always feel this strange estrangement. Nothing here is real. Nothing here is right.
I've been making shows of trading blows, just hoping no one knows that I've been
going through the motions, walking through the part. Nothing seems to penetrate my heart..."

Those are the words from the opening scene in the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling" Musical episode. And all too often, these words are all too true. How many times have I stopped to evaluate my life, only to realize that I've fallen back into the same old rut, and am just going through the motions, and really going nowhere? Too many to count. As Christians, life should be about more than repeating the same old rituals, the same old actions every day. The more we do this, the less effective we become for accomplishing our goals in life. Then we must stop and re-evaluate our position, and refocus on doing God's will, and get our lives back on track. Once we do, then our own lives will be more meaningful, and we will become more effective in carrying out God's work. Just some food for thought.

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones