Thursday, August 13, 2009

Do we have time?



Yes, I'm in another one of those black moods that hit me periodically, where I'm left to wonder "Why am I here, or do I even matter?" I look around me at the world in general, and to those who live closest to me and see nothing but greed. Greed everywhere, and the "ME" attitude prevails over all. I see people who can help those who are in need turning a blind eye to it as if ignorance and excuses are enough to make it go away. I see people hurting, people crying, and people dying because there is no one else around that gives a damn that they are. I see all this and wonder if God himself sees all this and turns His own back on humanity because humanity has turned its back on him. Is there any hope remaining for humanity when those who profess to live like He has taught us to live, are living the exact opposite, and only show their mask of charity when it benefits them. I am a firm believer that all that was prophesied in the Bible wasn't all so much nonsense and that all of the signs are in place, and humanity's time is nearing its end. Maybe we SHOULD start praying for time, what little we have left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know that God keeps His promises and He has promised us that we are all seen by Him. He's even got the hairs of our head numbered! Yes, hun, the world will get more and more self-centered. We, ourselves, will have to be extra careful not to let it effect how we act towards others...especially the lost ones. We can only do that one thing that God calls us to do at any given time to make a difference. For some that one thing will be in the lime light and "huge" in the eyes of those who see it. For others it may be something as small as a blog where we write about the Truth, where we uplift people or point out places where we all can do better. The thing is not so much to worry about how much time we have left...in our individual lives or of the world as a whole...but to live each moment well...to live it in love, faith, mercy, grace, humility, forgiveness, joy and peace. We gain all these things by cleaving to the Author of our Faith and allowing Him to fill us, revive us, and strengthen us.

Pucster said...

Hey Bro,
It's in these times when your looking at all that is wrong in the world that you need to reach out to those that are hurting, needing, dying etc. When you engage your faith and interact with those that are hurting it takes your mind off all of thats wrong and helps you focus on whats right about helping another thats in pain.
You are right that we are in a time of me me me but we as Christians need to cut thru that mentailty and show what real love is and the only way of doing that is by acting on situation that God puts in front of us. Like Jesus did.
When reading your Blog I was reminded of the song by Casting Crowns - If We Are The Body;
The Chorus -
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

This is the way - if we as Christians would focus and do are psrt the ompact on this world would blow our socks off.

Post a Comment

Cool World of Warcraft gear from Jinx.com

My Personal Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones